Koodo Community
Solved

Rebate for lack of service ?

• 15 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I live on Gabriola Island where we were recently impacted by a 6 day service outage last month due to the main Telus line being severed between Gabriola and Vancouver Island. We lost all service at our home and had to drive several kms to pick up and send messages. Other Koodo customers in the community have received a rebate/compensation for the loss of service but my family has not. I attempted to ask about the situation using the Koodo digital assistant but my question was not understood by the system. All attempts to schedule a callback failed. What is the best way to follow this up and obtain our credit?

icon

Best answer by Allan M 15 December 2022, 18:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s in the service terms that they aren’t responsible for outages so generally speaking they don’t provide credits for them.

In saying that though, do you have any examples of customers getting credits for this? Just share the link(s) of the community articles you saw of others getting credits and if it checks out I don’t mind flagging a rep to take a look at your account too.

Here's a screenshot from our local community board where customers are discussing their rebates from various companies, including Koodo. It was a pretty extreme outage, caused by damage to Telus equipment. 

Hello @Heather O'Sullivan! According to our service terms, we do not issue credits in situations like this however we have sent you a private message to check more information. Feel free to get back to us anytime.