Koodo Community
Question

Question regarding 2 charges of $15 under details ER/VC on my account

I am currently in Japan and noticed on my account 2x charges of $15 under details of ER/VC which I understand is for Easy Roam charges?  I have my phone set to data roam off and I have not made any phone calls nor have I sent any text messages and have not used any data whatsoever.  How do I go abouts getting customer service to look into this and reversing these charges?

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Artofwar 

Do you see any usage in self serve: https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/monitoring-your-data-self-serve for the days where the Easy Roam fee was triggered?

Edit:

We have  checked in the meantime and we can see that there are two incoming calls that triggered the charges. Those seems to be for voicemail check or calls received from private number

Why would voice mail checks (not on my koodo phone) have a charge to my account? I am checking my voice mail via another person's phone through their wifi calling number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Why would voice mail checks (not on my koodo phone) have a charge to my account? I am checking my voice mail via another person's phone through their wifi calling number?

Did you pick up two incoming calls from your phone while you were abroad? 

No, I did not. I just checked my voicemail mail via another family's smartphone through another provider via their wifi calling.... does checking voice mail not from my own koodo phone trigger the easy roam charge?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No, I did not. I just checked my voicemail mail via another family's smartphone through another provider via their wifi calling.... does checking voice mail not from my own koodo phone trigger the easy roam charge?

It should not trigger the Easy Roam feature if you are not using your SIM card to make the call. Can you provide a screenshot of your bill with a list of detailed charges? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you look at the time stamp and see if it correlates with any of your data usage or call history on your bill?

No data usage as I shut off data roaming nor any correlation with call history as I did not make any outgoing calls... just checking voice mail via another person's  smartphone (via their wifi calling)

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks for the details @Artofwar 

On our end, we can see the 2 incoming calls which triggered the Roaming charges. We recommend scheduling a call back with our tech support, as they will be able to further investigate

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No data usage as I shut off data roaming nor any correlation with call history as I did not make any outgoing calls... just checking voice mail via another person's  smartphone (via their wifi calling)

Check your phone app’s call log.  Do you see any answered calls while in Japan or are they all missed calls?