Koodo Community
Question

Price Increase on Plan with notice on page 20 of pdf bill

• 5 June 2023
  • 6 replies

I have read many other complaints about Koodo increasing the rate plan without notice. I was told today they suggest I read my entire bill - give me a break it is on page 20 of 20 of the pdf bill - what they do is ensure you do not read it. I said that was unreasonable and should have at the very least received email notice - which I did not. This is incredibly poor customer service and will be seeking out other service providers. BE TRANSPARENT Koodo that is what good customer service demands. In addition a new customer gets a plan with more gb and now 20.00 cheaper per month so as a loyal customer I get screwed and a new customer gets the bonus plan

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is their official page about price increase 

The rep mentioned an email should be sent out. Can you recheck your junk and spam box just incase it was delivered there? 

As well, which plan are you on now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I agree, it needs to be clearer.  Currently it is on the last page which is not ideal especially if someone has made a lot of calls so it can end up on page 20 vs someone who has not made any calls and it could have ended up on page 5.

I suggest posting this as an idea for Koodo.  You would definitely have my support.

https://community.koodomobile.com/topic/new

No email was sent and it is ridiculous to expect a customer to read a small print sentence on page 20 to find out their plan cost has increased. It should be in big bold lettering on the front page - that is what transparency looks like. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

No email was sent and it is ridiculous to expect a customer to read a small print sentence on page 20 to find out their plan cost has increased. It should be in big bold lettering on the front page - that is what transparency looks like. 

No email about bill increase?

Do you receive a bill notification? Because that the address they send you other notifications.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey @ShariL - That’s extremely odd! Based on your account it looks like you received an email notifying you of the increase around April 24th along with a bill message on the last page of your April invoice. Depending on how your inbox is set up, it’s very possible that the email was sent directly to SPAM. 

We’re always extremely grateful for feedback we received from the Community. It was actually thanks to posts such as this that we started sending out emails for things like this last year.

Hey @ShariL - That’s extremely odd! Based on your account it looks like you received an email notifying you of the increase around April 24th along with a bill message on the last page of your April invoice. Depending on how your inbox is set up, it’s very possible that the email was sent directly to SPAM. 

We’re always extremely grateful for feedback we received from the Community. It was actually thanks to posts such as this that we started sending out emails for things like this last year.

Since you have everyone's phone numbers, why can't a text be sent instead of an email?