Koodo Community
Solved

Pre authorized payments (Debit Card)

• 2 March 2022
  • 3 replies

I’m new to Koodo. I just received my first E-bill on February 19. I have it setup for pre-authorized payments to be taken out of my debit card. When exactly will Koodo pay my E-bill?

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 2 March 2022, 18:56

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@geekybandit Hi there, and welcome to the Koodo family. :)  

Pre-authorized payments are withdrawn approximately 15 days before the last day of your next month’s billing cycle. Example: If your billing cycle is from March 26th to April 25th, your pre-authorized payment will be applied roughly 15 days before May 25th. 

Note: If you've just signed up for pre-authorized payments and aren't sure whether you should pay your first bill or if it will automatically be taken from your bank account, please note: it can take one full bill cycle for your PAP to register. In order to avoid paying late fees, you can make your first payment through your bank or by credit card. If you pay your bill before the pre-authorized payment comes through to us, nothing will happen to your PAP and no double payment will be taken from your bank account.

Hope this helps. :) 

The main thing I’m worried about is whether or not I’m going to be charged for a late bill. I have it set for pre-authorized as I mentioned. Here’s what my E-bill said:

Total Amount Due:
$92.24
If received by:
March 11, 2022
Recent payments may not be reflected on this bill.
Hello Scott,
Your E-Bill for February is ready and can be viewed on Self Serve
Remember, since you’re on pre-authorized payment, no action is required.
Learn more about your bill with Koodo Assist, our Digital rep. It’s quick and easy.

All the best,
The Koodo Team
Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@geekybandit, Completely understandable. You have nothing to worry about, as your bill mentions, your due date is March 11th.  As long as the payment is in your Koodo account before that date, you will not have any late fee charges. 

With that being said, since you set up your PAP on February 16th, I would suggest paying your first bill manually, by credit card or online banking as it can take one full bill cycle for your PAP to register. Just be mindful, if you chose to pay by online banking, it takes 3 to 5 business days for the money to arrive in your Koodo account.