Koodo Community
Solved

Pre-authorized payment

• 4 October 2022
  • 7 replies

I am a new Kodoo customer and during in-person SIM-card activation I agreed to set up pre-authorised payments via my credit card. Under the impression of not having to think about it I did not realize the payment was not delivered on a due date, thus I was stripped of 25 points on my credit score. I am upset that it happened despite my attempt to avoid this exact situation. I read that it is more effective to reach the information provider directly rather than through a dispute. I’m hoping my situation can be helped. Please advise 

icon

Best answer by Sophia 4 October 2022, 22:00

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Hello @Olesia Demen!

I’m afraid that a pre-authorized payment method was never activated on your account.

We can see that you tried to make the payment manually with a credit card, however this was not possible because your Koodo account and your credit card are registered under different billing addresses. 

If you’d like to set up this credit card for pre-authorized payments, please get in touch with our payment services team by dialing #227 from your Koodo phone. 

@Lavinia Koodo Thank you for the suggestion. However my concern now is about the negative impact that this situation has had on my credit score. Apparently, there was a miscommunication that has hurt me as an end user. Please advise on what can be done to correct it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately, Koodo just reports payments (or lack thereof) to the credit score agencies and can’t do anything to change their score. This is a fully automated process. I don’t think there is much that can be done at this point, except work towards increasing your score again.

On top of what @Sophia said, we have very limited access to this type of information here on the Koodo Community, so your best bet would be to get in touch with our payment services team to check the available options. You can also reach them by scheduling a callback on koodo.com/chat

@Sophia @Lavinia Koodo Thank you for your answers. Have a good day.

I have made two payments for $181.30 for October, can I be reimbursed for 1 of the payments?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have made two payments for $181.30 for October, can I be reimbursed for 1 of the payments?

This will need either sending a Private Message to Koodo via Facebook Messenger or DM via Twitter to get sorted out. However, if you don’t need the money for something (it’ll take a while to get refunded unless you JUST made a payment, which you’d contact your financial institute if they can cancel it) then you can leave it, and it’ll go towards your next bill.

For future reference, please create a new thread. You don’t have the same issue as the OP, and the last post is 9 days old.