Koodo Community
Question

Pre-authorized credit card failed

• 17 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello all,

I was trying to set up pre-authorized credit card payment, but it kept saying there’s something wrong with the credit card.

The credit card is perfectly fine, as I used it to successfully set up pre-authorized payment for Telus mobile service an hour ago.

Anyone can shed some light?

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello all,

I was trying to set up pre-authorized credit card payment, but it kept saying there’s something wrong with the credit card.

The credit card is perfectly fine, as I used it to successfully set up pre-authorized payment for Telus mobile service an hour ago.

Anyone can shed some light?

Thanks

Are you using the same address for your credit card and your Koodo account? You may have issues setting it up if they are different. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Song Tang 

We verified and the issue is that there is a billing address mismatch between the address of your Credit Card and the Koodo account. 

In this scenario, we would recommend scheduling a call-back through the Koodo assisst, in order to resolve the situation with an agent over the phone. 

Thanks MiklyWay and Darius.

I verified the billing address of credit card and Koodo account - only minor difference -Toronto vs Scarborough. So I updated and tried again - still failed.

Then I used another credit card - no issue setting up auto pay.

The only other possibility is the first credit card is not in my name (but same billing address Koodo account), but I assume it should be no problem?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thanks MiklyWay and Darius.

I verified the billing address of credit card and Koodo account - only minor difference -Toronto vs Scarborough. So I updated and tried again - still failed.

Then I used another credit card - no issue setting up auto pay.

The only other possibility is the first credit card is not in my name (but same billing address Koodo account), but I assume it should be no problem?

You can try and see if it works out.