Skip to main content

The price of the plan for my second line on my account went from $50 to $53 for no reason. Part of the reason we’ve been loyal to Koodo all these years is because there are never unexpected changes in the plan rate. The only time we’ve ever experienced an increase in our plan rate was when we deliberately chose a new plan ourselves. Does anyone have an explanation? There isn’t much reason for us to stay loyal to Koodo if they are going to start increasing rates.

Please login to your self serve and download your detailed pdf ebills. If you check your monthly ebill prior to the rate plan increase you should see a notification of any plan increase on the very last page in smallish font.

Unless you are on a tab, the wireless code states that all a carrier needs to be is provide 30 days notice for a rate increase. 

@Dennis Thank you, but I already understand the ‘legality’ of Koodo increasing plan rates. My point was that they never have in the past. I’ve been with Koodo for about 15 years approximately, paying for between two and five plans at various times, and have never had a plan rate increase. I used another provider for home phone/TV package/internet and switched for the first time in 25 years to a new provider just over a year ago because the small ‘allowable increases’ were non-stop. I have many, many times recommended Koodo based on the reliability of the pricing. In the area where I live, all providers pretty much have equal service, what differentiated Koodo was the consistency of the price. When i select a plan, it’s because the features I need are included, and the price meets my budget. With this new trend of unexpected rate increases, Koodo no longer has any competitive advantage for me over other providers. So why should I remain a loyal Koodo customer?

I would say you were very lucky not to have a price increase in 15 years considering people who switched to Koodo with the last Black Friday Sales had $5 price increases within 6 months.

@Dennis Thank you, but I already understand the ‘legality’ of Koodo increasing plan rates. My point was that they never have in the past. I’ve been with Koodo for about 15 years approximately, paying for between two and five plans at various times, and have never had a plan rate increase. I used another provider for home phone/TV package/internet and switched for the first time in 25 years to a new provider just over a year ago because the small ‘allowable increases’ were non-stop. I have many, many times recommended Koodo based on the reliability of the pricing. In the area where I live, all providers pretty much have equal service, what differentiated Koodo was the consistency of the price. When i select a plan, it’s because the features I need are included, and the price meets my budget. With this new trend of unexpected rate increases, Koodo no longer has any competitive advantage for me over other providers. So why should I remain a loyal Koodo customer?

Those days are long gone. While it is true that Koodo used to maintain their prices, there has been a changing trend in the past few years.

The only ones that are guaranteed a price freeze so far are the legacy plans on Freedom Mobile before its acquisition by Videotron.