Koodo Community
Solved

Overcharges when I changed my plan

• 15 August 2023
  • 7 replies

Hi Koodo,

I changed my plan last month to increase my data from 2GB to 40GB. Both plans have unlimited Canada-wide calling. On my first bill under the new plan (received today) I was charged $45.60 in “overages” for a 57 minute phone call I placed to a number inside Canada. Both myself and the recipient of the call were inside Canada with Canadian phone numbers. I am requesting this charge be cancelled. Thanks for your attention.

icon

Best answer by Allan M 15 August 2023, 22:40

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a glitch that happens sometimes when a call is made right after changing plans. Let me flag a rep to take a look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @LMM 

We verified the call and confirmed that the call was after the rate plan change. It is a rare occasion that this happens within a small period after a rate plan change however, simply powering the device off and back on after a change, will prevent a similar situation. 

A credit was applied and will take effect in 24-48 hours. You would be able to  in the overview section of the Self Serve. 

Thank you!

I need to change plans, but can't figure out how.  Could someone phone me please

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you registered for self-serve? The following link explains how to change plans:

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/changing-your-rate-plan

Is there a plan you want but don’t see if you look in self-serve or something?

For future reference please start a new thread as this is 10 days old and is specifically about overages from changing plans

I don't why is not easy to talk to koodo. I scheduled a callback and they says we're unable to receive replies to this number. I got new phone number few months ago and people can't reach me on messages because someone else has the same number. I tried so many times to talk with koodo but I get only answer machines. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don't why is not easy to talk to koodo. I scheduled a callback and they says we're unable to receive replies to this number. I got new phone number few months ago and people can't reach me on messages because someone else has the same number. I tried so many times to talk with koodo but I get only answer machines. 

@Simon Hagos : Your issue was different from the issue of person in the post. As well the post was “resolved”. I recommend you create a new thread so people could focus on your current issue https://community.koodomobile.com/topic/new