Koodo Community
Question

Old account causing credit score issues

• 29 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Sorry for long read, TIA

Note * I have paid my bills all to date and have only 1 open account phone number with koodo that is paid in full. I previously had 2 other phone numbers with (Formerly PC mobile transferred to) Koodo, all paid in full. 

PROBLEM: 2018- 2024 As of TODAY Telus communications shows up as a non payment every month on my credit report and has created a disaster of effects on my credit score.  

I have contacted every provider ie. Koodo and was on the phone for 1.5 hours and directed me to Telus who I spent another hour with and then directed me to PC Mobile, who then directed me back again to Koodo. 

PLEASE HELP ! Any assistance would be appreciated! 

Timeline of issue -

5/2020 -I received a letter stating that Telus communications had instructed the MetCredit collections agency to reduce a $104 collections balance to $0.

*There was no balance to be paid on any of the accounts.

2021- I Started Receiving emails from Koodo and PC mobile of unpaid accounts with the same overdue balance, $103 and $112 for the number I had in service and a number that was closed all paid to date. 

7/2023 - Up until end of July 2023 I was recieving emails for the 2  closed accounts which were paid in full. One which was still a current number on Koodo. 

7/2023- I transferred my phone service to Virgin. 

2/2024- NON PAYMENT OF BALANCE FOR TELECOMMUNICATIONS- Is still applying every single month. 

Thankyou for reading and any help 

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If it showed up on your credit report from 2018, the issue started in 2018, not 2020 or now. Was you a Koodo/Telus customer back then?

If you had the account number, you can ask a rep to look into any due amount or balance of the account in Telus/Koodo system. However, you would have to contact them directly and ask a rep.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

5/2020 -I received a letter stating that Telus communications had instructed the MetCredit collections agency to reduce a $104 collections balance to $0.

*There was no balance to be paid on any of the accounts.

2021- I Started Receiving emails from Koodo and PC mobile of unpaid accounts with the same overdue balance, $103 and $112 for the number I had in service and a number that was closed all paid to date. 

Do you have a copy of the bill that shows it is all paid in full?