Koodo Community

No Customer Service

• 27 January 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

Posting this here as not sure how to get this companies attention. As per a Jan 6th email sent to Koodo that never received a response. Just went through the telephone prompts with customer service to find it’s no longer possible to talk to a person and then was hung up on.  In short I keep getting billed and sent threatening automated emails. 

“I will finally make time to address this. I am not impressed with this company. I have actually yet to functionally use Koodoo's phone service. You can look through the records. The only data ever used was to test if my sim card even worked  Every interaction along the way and from then had me doubting that this company can provide any type of service whatsoever. 

I have set-up automatic monthly payments at least twice. Called "customer service" numerous times. Tried to port my number over through a customer service call, in-store and through my current service provider. No resolution. Hence never used the service, because there was none. Before this last "disconnection". I was so fed up that I went to the store to pay my bill and port my number over once and for all. I was told neither could be done in the store. 

It also couldn't be done online or through telephone. I have a lot of resentment that this mess has affected my credit score. I regret ever getting involved in this nightmare. I regret giving this company any money. I regret the time I have wasted begging to pay a company that not only doesn't provide the service but actively wastes my time. I want this made right.”

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which provider did you port from?

Have you registered for Koodo Self Serve? (I think you may already have)

When you ported your number to Koodo, did you receive an SMS message from your previous provider approving/confirming the transfer? If so, the transfer can take up to 2.5 hours to complete.

Did you receive a welcome SMS from Koodo asking you to restart your phone?

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/moving-your-number-koodo

Visit Koodo.com/chat and type #PortHelp to troubleshoot your issue. If we're unable to resolve it, we’ll set you up with a callback from a live rep.

If you do not have a working phone number to receive a callback, you can use a VoIP service such as Fongo Mobile. You will receive a free local Canadian phone number that you can use for scheduling and receiving a callback. The app works on Wi-Fi (or mobile data) and is available for Android and iOS devices.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi,

Posting this here as not sure how to get this companies attention. As per a Jan 6th email sent to Koodo that never received a response. Just went through the telephone prompts with customer service to find it’s no longer possible to talk to a person and then was hung up on.  In short I keep getting billed and sent threatening automated emails. 

“I will finally make time to address this. I am not impressed with this company. I have actually yet to functionally use Koodoo's phone service. You can look through the records. The only data ever used was to test if my sim card even worked  Every interaction along the way and from then had me doubting that this company can provide any type of service whatsoever. 

I have set-up automatic monthly payments at least twice. Called "customer service" numerous times. Tried to port my number over through a customer service call, in-store and through my current service provider. No resolution. Hence never used the service, because there was none. Before this last "disconnection". I was so fed up that I went to the store to pay my bill and port my number over once and for all. I was told neither could be done in the store. 

It also couldn't be done online or through telephone. I have a lot of resentment that this mess has affected my credit score. I regret ever getting involved in this nightmare. I regret giving this company any money. I regret the time I have wasted begging to pay a company that not only doesn't provide the service but actively wastes my time. I want this made right.”

Did you cancel your line? Have you already ported out of Koodo? What kind of help do you need?