Koodo Community
Question

My account reconnected without my consent

I’ve been living in Canada for 6 months hence my account. I paid my last bill last month and disconnected the account. Now I just received a bill with charges from my old plan and a reconnection fee at $50, however I didn’t reconnect my account and I have not been using my phone number at all this past month. Now I want to contact them and get my bill cancelled but I’m in Denmark now, so am I really supposed to pay for a callback.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

How did you “disconnected” the account. Did you meant you cancelled the phone line with Koodo? have you receive a cancellation email from Koodo yet?

Also, If possible, could you check the page 3 (or 4) of the PDF bill in selfserve and see why the $50 was there? It sounds strange because you cancelled not reconnected the service.

It doesn’t say anything more than mobile reconnection fee

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It doesn’t say anything more than mobile reconnection fee

If possible, can you download the PDF bill? and take a snapshot of it, and post here? (hide/delete all personal information before posting pls).

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

From the snapshot, it seems you had a overdue amount. Koodo disconnected your service due to that. When you paid Koodo, was the line reactivated? If so, that was the reason why the “re-connection fee” was there.

Anyway, I will flag a rep here to have more insight into this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

HI there, @Ninna Emilie !   The reason your account was reconnected automatically, its because it wasn’t cancelled, it was suspended for non payment. Once you made the payement, the account was reactivated automatically from suspension, that is why you saw the “re-connection fee”.  

We have looked in to your account and haven’t found a cancelation request. Do you remember requesting it? if so, how did you request it? 

Hi

i requested it in the Koodo assist

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Ninna Emilie , You mean you requested a callback for a cancelation? Did you speak to anyone? In order to process a cancelation, you need to speak to an agent and only the account holder can cancel a line. 

Since you are out of the country, when you get a chance, please send us a private message over social media (https://m.me/Koodo) or  (https://twitter.com/koodo) so we can look into this for you and help you with your cancelation.