Koodo Community
Question

Money refund issue

I purchased a game through Microsoft using Kudo and I immediately asked for a refund through Microsoft. Unfortunately, when I spoke with a Microsoft representative they stated it would take 72hours for the refund to proceed. Yet the game was still left on my phone bill. I contacted Microsoft once again and they told me, "We have refunded the order you placed on May 31, 2022. You should see CAD 34.99 credited to your account soon." And if there’s any issues further that I should report this to Kudo instead. After waiting a few more days, I still haven’t received my refund which made me reach out to Kudo and the representative there insisted I speak with Microsoft once again. I don’t understand what is so hard with refunding $34.99 back onto a credit card I used. It's been almost 2 months now and I don't know what to do. I don't want to consistently go back and forth between two different companies like a mad dog. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I purchased a game through Microsoft using Kudo and I immediately asked for a refund through Microsoft. Unfortunately, when I spoke with a Microsoft representative they stated it would take 72hours for the refund to proceed. Yet the game was still left on my phone bill. I contacted Microsoft once again and they told me, "We have refunded the order you placed on May 31, 2022. You should see CAD 34.99 credited to your account soon." And if there’s any issues further that I should report this to Kudo instead. After waiting a few more days, I still haven’t received my refund which made me reach out to Kudo and the representative there insisted I speak with Microsoft once again. I don’t understand what is so hard with refunding $34.99 back onto a credit card I used. It's been almost 2 months now and I don't know what to do. I don't want to consistently go back and forth between two different companies like a mad dog. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Did you reach out directly to Microsoft Store Support? https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/contact-microsoft-store-support-4f615f2a-6bbd-fd69-6695-ae213d63eef0

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@kolee03 The refund is not on your credit card but your bill. Microsoft does take some time to funnel the credit through. I would look at your next bill if it’s not on it Microsoft needs to confirm it was indeed sent through. I know this sounds like a major pain, unfortunately all of this is in Microsoft’s hands.