Koodo Community
Question

Lousy Support Calls

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

Has anyone experienced how badly Koodo treats its customers? 

I was on a call with a rep to discuss my higher than promised monthly rate. He couldn’t answer my question so put me thru to “Loyalty” department. After waiting for around 20 minutes listing to some very boring background music, the line went dead. WTH Koodo? It’s only been a couple of months since I joined Koodo and now I’m seriously thinking about quitting. Nothing but grief using the customer service.

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Did you check the PDF EBill on your self serve?

Do you see any extra charges there?

I see a monthly rate that was not exactly what I was quoted when I signed up. It’s not a big difference, but, it is different and I called to complain that it is not what I was promised. To me it’s the principal of the thing and not being up front with me from the beginning.  I was told that I’d be transferred to their “Loyalty” department and after 20 minutes the line went dead.

This is not the first time that I’ve been put on hold and have their line go dead. I’m starting to believe that this is just a support tactic to get rid of someone because it’s a PITA to go back and setup another call back which can take hours. They know it and count on customers not doing that.

My whole experience with Koodo has been nothing but a disaster. Don’t get me wrong. So far the actual mobile service has not been an issue. It’s the sales and support that really sucks. I was sold a package that promised many things. When my first bill arrived, none of the rates matched my quote. The sales guy said that the package that he sold me “expired”. How convenient. And on top of that I was double billed for the connection fee (which I had to complain about and did receive credit for). Oh and did I mention that I had to buy a new phone cause the SIM that Koodo gave me would not work on my old phone. The sales guy KNEW THAT I HAD AN OLD PHONE so why are they not aware of these potential problem. Had I known what I know now, I would NEVER have switched to Koodo.

As soon as I find another carrier with a plan that I like, I’ll be switching away. Both lines.

Just be aware that if you switch companies you will be charged for the full payout of the phone - that is if you bought it from Koodo.

I was sold a Koodo BYOP so I outright own my new phone. Unless there is something else that I wasn’t told, I can pack up and leave Koodo at any time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You were sold a Koodo BYOP by whom? Koodo? 

Yes. Door to door rep.