Koodo Community
Question

Koodo has messed up my account and charging me tab balance and data charges for landphone.

• 7 April 2024
  • 7 replies

Dear community

Want to share my ordeal with Koodo customer care, I opted for plan changes in November and the agent lied about the plans. He started a tab balance on my land phone with a data plan. The phine that was supposee to be 10$ per month went to 154.75 for 1st month and then 54.75 for next 3 months ans last month it was again 154.$.

I have spent 12-15  hours on phone with disrespectful representatives and have not been able to achieve a solution,

Last representative was from loyalty- his name was Joseph. He crossed all limits of morality with his kids screaming in the background. He was very disrespecful and autoratative. Kept me on hold for 2 hours and then hung up on when he could not answer my questions about the credits.
i am looking forward to escalate this issue and looking for information about my options to complain to the government. 

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Normally, if you started a Tab balance, it meant you ordered a phone from Koodo.  If possible, can you share a snapshot of the page 3 of your latest PDF bill here? Hide all personal information before posting please.

As well, if you ordered over the phone with a rep, there might be a connection fee of $60 applied to your bill.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @rohitbans 

We apologize for this experience!

We have sent you a PM with more details, please check it out under the inbox section on your community profile when you get the chance.

Thank you! 

@Dinh 

Thanks for taking time to reply to my post.

Thats the whole point, how could they start a tab balance on a koodo landphone!! 

the rep today was unprofessional, inconsiderate, egoistic and very rude. He hung up on me !! how dare he do that. 

I feel the reps dont have any check and balances kind of mechanism engrained in the system and they cam walk away with anything. this whole problem was started by a rep when he messed up my account. 

the feedback messages they send are useless and wastage of time.

They wont listen to the recordings, so whats the whole point of recording the conversation when it cannot be used to verify what was spoken.

It has been a very stressful conversation with Koodo and they dont have any remorse.

@Flo Koodo 

I have replied to your mail and hoping to have a better resolution,

I want to leave Koodo and would like to hear some options available to me.

As mentioned multiple times, Koodo has been very insensitive and inconsiderate of me being as a customer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dinh

Thanks for taking time to reply to my post.

Thats the whole point, how could they start a tab balance on a koodo landphone!! 

the rep today was unprofessional, inconsiderate, egoistic and very rude. He hung up on me !! how dare he do that. 

I feel the reps dont have any check and balances kind of mechanism engrained in the system and they cam walk away with anything. this whole problem was started by a rep when he messed up my account. 

the feedback messages they send are useless and wastage of time.

They wont listen to the recordings, so whats the whole point of recording the conversation when it cannot be used to verify what was spoken.

It has been a very stressful conversation with Koodo and they dont have any remorse.

It is hard to know exactly what happened that was why I asked for a snapshot of your bill. As a rep already tried to assist, I would suggest you follow up and see what's the best solution for you.

@Dinh 

the rep was a different story altogether, Have not faced such humiliating experience in Canada as he was treating me. 

thank you again for the input. If you can suggest, please advice if there are any government agencies I can approach to escalate the matter. They (Koodo) have taken me for a ride and i wont let it be fun one.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Dinh

the rep was a different story altogether, Have not faced such humiliating experience in Canada as he was treating me. 

thank you again for the input. If you can suggest, please advice if there are any government agencies I can approach to escalate the matter. They (Koodo) have taken me for a ride and i wont let it be fun one.

You have all the right to complain to any one. CCTS normally is the one handling this (find the link at the bottom of this forum). But you must contact Koodo to find solution first before contacting them. 

Again, i had no clue what is going on because all i had is your words without seeing anything from your bill nor your transaction .