Koodo Community
Question

Is my plan Canada wide?

• 18 March 2024
  • 1 reply

Rather simple questions from a guy who remembers when cell phones in Canada went into roaming 100 km out of your home town ??

So my current Koodo plan is the 30.00 a month plan = “unlimited Canada wide”  does this mean talk and text  being in any province to another province is ok, and there will be no additional charges, like long distance charges ? If I stay in Canada the phone wont go into roaming? 

Also my plan includes 2 GB of shock free data,  will additional billing occur if I turn my “data” on, outside my home town or home province?

Thanks 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

Canada wide means you can call and text any province from any province as long as you’re within Canada, you’re correct there will be no additional charges. It is still possible to incur roaming charges though if you’re close to the American border or of course if you travel outside of Canada as your phone may attempt to connect to an American tower when you’re close to the border and the other being a bit more obvious, though this wont happen anywhere else in Canada as long as you stay away from the States. The data is also included in your “Canada Wide” portion of your plan, similarly if you go to another country or connect to an American tower near the border this will incur charges, but any other province is fine.