Skip to main content

Incorrect USA roaming charges on my bill

• 14 July 2024
  • 5 replies

I have been incorrectly charged $14 in USA roaming charges on my last bill. I did not leave Canada during this time. Please remove these charges.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

If a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network. 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Jt94 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charge since it was triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo in the phone settings, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out the article provided by @Oliver C above

I’ve been charged $10 for US roaming, but I wasn’t in the States. I live in Victoria and I was in Sooke when the charges were applied. 
I would like to have this reversed. The charge was made on June 19, 2024. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve been charged $10 for US roaming, but I wasn’t in the States. I live in Victoria and I was in Sooke when the charges were applied. 
I would like to have this reversed. The charge was made on June 19, 2024. 

Let me flag a rep for you.  To prevent this in the future, please follow the advice Oliver mentioned above.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Studly 

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border.

I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges. We have a great help page here: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

We verified the day with the charge and confirmed accidental roaming. A credit was applied for the fee and will update within 3-5 minutes in the Self Serve account.