Skip to main content

Hi, I am currently in India and I received my recent bill, which shows that my bill was charged for Easy Roam on three different dates: September 15, 16, and 17 highlighted in the screenshots. First, I'm unsure why I was charged for September 15 and 16, as my flight was on September 14 that reached India the next day later in the evening. I was airborne the entire time of Sept 15. My phone was placed on Airplane mode the entire journey so not sure how I am getting charged for this that was removed on the 17th. The charge for Sept 17 I am not disputing as I accept that I made that urgent call but 15 and 16 charges are not correct.

Additionally, the details show that the charges were for a toll-free number associated with Air India, and there was no Wi-Fi service on the flight, so I wouldn't have been able to make calls while airborne. Is there a way for me to dispute these charges?

Another issue I'm experiencing is that I am still in India, and to access certain Canadian websites, like the CRA, I need a security code that requires turning on my Koodo line. Often, when I do this, I don’t receive the roaming text messages from Koodo indicating I have been charged for Easy Roaming, which I assume are toll-free texts. However, today, when I turned on my line to receive a security code from my bank, I was again charged for Easy Roaming.  I am unable to schedule a call back with Koodo as I am still out of the country and Koodo is unable to schedule a call back on international numbers. Please if someone can help me with the issues I am experiencing. I will highly appreciate it!!

Hi there!

We were unable to access your account based on your community profile, please log into your community account using the Self Serve option

Incoming text messages do not trigger the roaming charges, however, any other usage made will.

Please check this article to find out more about what triggers roaming charges 

This article explains how to avoid unwanted roaming charges 

Hi, every time when I am trying to login using self serve option I am getting the above error page. It is not letting me login. Is there any other way to access my account? Yesterday I receive the roaming text message even for receiving an incoming text message. No calls or usage were made besides that. 

Hi I am still not able to login in to self serve. Getting the same error message. Can someone please help me this and my original roaming related issue?

From the screenshot, It seems the roaming fee on the Sep 15th was triggered by a call (either incoming or outgoing) from the number 888.634.1407. Is that the Air India number?

The same thing happened on the 16 of September. You could check your phone to see the time/date of those calls.

I was in the flight on Sept 15. I checked my call log and it seems there was an incoming call from this number. Is this a toll free number?

I was in the flight on Sept 15. I checked my call log and it seems there was an incoming call from this number. Is this a toll free number?

“toll-free” term is misleading one as it didn't apply to cellular  service. If you received the call, they charged you with a roaming fee 

Wow I was absolutely not aware of that. Is there any way this can be waived off as a one time exception?

Wow I was absolutely not aware of that. Is there any way this can be waived off as a one time exception?

It was a legit charge so it is hard to dispute. If you wanted to try, you have to contact them directly either via a call back or Facebook messaging

Ya I tried reaching out via Facebook but there has been no follow back.

Ya I tried reaching out via Facebook but there has been no follow back.

It is not a live chat unfortunately, they probably will reply soon