Skip to main content

One of my phone numbers was being used by my son, but he opened his own line under his name in September.

On September 15, I called customer service to cancel the number. However, a female representative advised me not to cancel it but to suspend its usage. She assured me that there would be no further charges from that point on. As a result, the number has been frozen since September 15.
Recently, I received an email from Koodo regarding an October invoice. I called to dispute this, and both the number and October invoice were cancelled immediately.

One remaining issue is that on September 24, I was charged $61.50 for the September invoice. If your representative had not provided me with incorrect information, I could have cancelled the number on September 15, and the payment for usage after that date until the remaining cycle would have been refunded on a prorated basis.

Please look into this matter and resolve it.

Sincerely,
Young Cheol Jung

Can you elaborate on the issue? Why was it not cancelled? Did the rep suggest you to put the number on a Seasonal Hold plan?

Suggested freezing the number instead of a seasonal hold plan and assured me that there would be no further charges thereafter. 

What do you mean by freezing the number? If the number was not put on a Seasonal Hold plan, it should have either been cancelled or still in service.

At the time, I understood that freezing the number means to stop using the number in and out anymore.

Did the rep tell you to report your phone as lost or stolen in order to suspend your service? If that is the case, you will continue to be charged monthly fees and will still be responsible for paying your bill. https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone

The phone was not stolen or lost. As mentioned in my initial message, I no longer needed the number because my son opened his own phone line, so I requested to cancel the number. I don’t understand why your representative advised suspending the service. I don’t have the time to repeat the same story again. Please refer to any recorded files for details.

I have to go soon. Please resolve this issue.  Thank you for your time.

I do not have access to your records, since I am not a Koodo employee. You will need to schedule a callback through Koodo Assist and dispute the charges with the rep. https://Koo.do/Chat 

I will take to a Koodo reprehensive using Chat. Thanks. Bye.