Skip to main content
Question

i was charged 1$4.00 for US Roaming bever left Canada

• 18 July 2024
  • 3 replies

On July 16, 2024 I was in Port Renfrew B.C. and received a phone call that never really connected properly (definitely a fringe area for cell service) and was charged $14 for US roaming even though I never left Canada. My data roaming was turned off! Please credit my account as it is unfair charge. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

did this charge show up on your Koodo PDF bill yet or was it just the text notification? As a you will have to wait for it to show up on the bill for a rep to help. Also, incoming long distance calls are never charged as long as you are in Canada and you have an unlimited plan. No matter where the call is coming from. So do you mean you may have connected to a US tower? You can follow the steps outlined here to prevent this from happening again. Specifically under manually selecting koodo as your network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Accesspointer

We have reviewed your account and confirmed that there are no roaming charges on your current bill. If you notice any charges on your next bill, please reach out to us here, and we will be happy to investigate further.

In the meantime, please follow Oliver's advice.