Koodo Community
Question

I live near the US border and was charged roaming while at home.

• 16 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, 

I live near the U.S. border and was charged the roaming fee when I was in my living room and clearly wasn’t in the U.S.
I have been with KOODO for 10+ years and lived in my home for 6+ years and never had to deal with a rogue roaming fee. 
It has already been billed out and I would like the charge reversed/credited. 
Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Rozie 

We can definitely look into it, will you please confirm on which bill you got the charge?

Hi!

The bill that it was charged on was the Feb 2024 invoice.

Also, on my March 2024 invoice, there is an internal credit missing that has been there since I set up that account.  

Please advise!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side. From experience I know it's not pleasant, especially if it leads to charges.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border. I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges.

We have a great help page here: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

As for the Roaming charges, we confirmed it was indeed accidental and a credit was applied with immediate effect, the new amount will update in the overview section of the Self Serve account. 

In regards to the promotional credit, it was for a limited  time, 15 months and it finished the period.