Koodo Community
Question

I got charged for an easy room intl for 6 16$/day.. how do I reach the customer service email to report this issue while I'm abroad?

I got charged for an easy room intl for 6 16$/day.. how do I reach the customer service email to report this issue while I'm abroad?

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi there,

so there is not actually a direct email you can use but you can reach out to a Koodo rep via Koodo’s Facebook page. It actually works quite well. Alternatively you can setup a call back through your self serve when you come back to Canada if that doesn’t work for you. I hope this helps 🙂👍

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

To add to this though, if you’re travelling outside of Canada and connect to a tower in a different country and use your plans services (text call or data) then the easy roam fee is $16 a day for any country that is not the USA ($14 for the USA), so if the charges are valid you won’t be able to dispute this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Since you are abroad, You need to figure out what is causing the roaming on your phone.  This article should show you how to interpret and determine what caused the roaming charge.  I also have a video showing you the steps as well if you need it.

Then you need to shut that down what is causing the roaming or else you will continue to incur roaming fees even after reaching out to koodo

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hash_74a 

We have checked and we see the charges were triggered for calls and text messages.

Please check out the articles provided by @Dennis above for more details about the usage and about how you can prevent unwanted roaming charges while abroad.