Koodo Community
Question

I can't pay my phone bill.

• 24 February 2024
  • 5 replies

I am trying to pay my phone bill via Self Serve with the same method I used last month but I can’t pay it. The credit card I used is under my husband’s name. Is this why I can’t pay?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were there any particular error message?

Are you a new customer? if you are, there are some restriction on credit card payment. They require the credit card name must be the same with the Koodo account owner.

The error message says “This transaction didn’t go through please review your information or select another payment method” I tried multiple times with different credit cards, all of them under my husband’s name because I don’t have a credit card yet. I also couldn’t pay via phone (611). 

I am customer since December 2023. I paid my first bill using my husband’s credit card though. This is my second bill which I am experiencing an issue with. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The error message says “This transaction didn’t go through please review your information or select another payment method” I tried multiple times with different credit cards, all of them under my husband’s name because I don’t have a credit card yet. I also couldn’t pay via phone (611). 

I am customer since December 2023. I paid my first bill using my husband’s credit card though. This is my second bill which I am experiencing an issue with. 

Eh, Is the Koodo account under your name?  I assumed you are a postpaid customer? If you saw the message, there was something wrong with the card and Koodo. I recommend you don’t try again to avoid any accidental charge.

As well, If you are a postpaid customer, how did you open a new account? as they normally required you to have a credit card to get one.

What is a post-paid customer? I am a monthly customer. I think there is a problem in Koodo’s side because there can’t be a problem with 2 credit cards given the fact that we paid another bill with one of them without any issues. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What is a post-paid customer? I am a monthly customer. I think there is a problem in Koodo’s side because there can’t be a problem with 2 credit cards given the fact that we paid another bill with one of them without any issues. 

“postpaid” term was used to differentiate with “prepaid”, which are 2 types of Koodo account. If you are a “monthly” customer, you are a postpaid customer.

As I mentioned earlier, the name of the credit card should be the same as your Koodo account. I am not sure how you paid the last time, but Koodo stated here in this link https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/how-pay-your-bill

Note: Our system runs verifications while processing a payment. Your card will be declined if the name and address that your credit card company has doesn’t match what we have on your account. If the card is in your name, try updating your billing address to match your card and try again.”