Skip to main content

Hi there,

I have a few questions, but first, I’ll explain the situation. I recently travelled to the US and had my credit card cloned. As an emergency, I had to call the toll-free credit card number (1-800...), which should not have incurred any charges. However, Koodo has included roaming charges for this call on my bill.

1. How can I get these roaming charges removed? Since it was an emergency call to a toll-free number, it shouldn't be charged.

Additionally, I have been trying to pay my bills since September 20th, but due to the credit card being cloned, I had to cancel it. Whenever I attempt to make a payment through your website by clicking "Pay Now," I receive an error message: "Application error: a client-side exception has occurred (see the browser console for more information)." I’ve tried multiple browsers, but the issue persists. Now, because of this delay, I'm being charged a late fee.

1. How can I have this late payment fee waived? The delay was due to technical issues with the payment system.
  2. How can I successfully pay my bill? When I try to update my payment card in the "Pre-authorized payments" section, it says that the new card will update in the next cycle, but this hasn’t happened, and now I'm being charged additional fees.

Thanks

Toll free numbers still take up your minutes, and are not exempt from roaming charges unfortunately. It is usually not possible to get late fees waived. As for your last question: how to successfully pay your bill, you would need to manually pay because it takes time for the pre-authorized payment method to be activated.

Hi @HKehdy 

Calls made to toll free numbers. are free of charge (as long as there are enough airtime minutes in the plan) when made from within Canada.

It may indeed take up to one bill cycle for a pre-authorized payment method to get activated on your account. Then the payment should got through roughly 15 days before the end of the billing cycle.

It is recommended to make the payment manually if there is a bill due when you set up a pre-authorized payment method, more info here https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/setting-pre-authorized-payments?srsltid=AfmBOoo26tenA8BtyA9bmxQmeM5cTb0MHR3cwnE57c8avW_v8XzIMmNd

For the late payment fees, we recommend getting in touch with our payment Support team by dialing #227 from your Koodo phone 

Thank you for the information.

Could you clarify what you mean by "payment manually"?

@HKehdy If you added a pre-authorized credit card, you’d need to make one time payment for the current amount due. If it is a pre-authorized payment directly through your bank, and you do not have the option to use a credit card for one time payment, then you will need to use a different payment method, such asonline banking. In case of payments via online banking, it may take 3 - 5 days for the payment to be posted.

Thank you.

I’ve tried calling #227 from my Koodo number several times over the past two days, but it’s not working. I choose option 4 to reach Koodo Assist, but the call keeps disconnecting.

Is there another way to contact customer support?