Koodo Community
Solved

How to get customer service to correct my bill, it includes somebody else's number

• 14 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I just received my first mobile bill and it contains charges for a telephone number that does not belong to me and should not have been ported over to my account.  How can I get the bill to be corrected so that I can pay it?  I have never seen the incorrect number before and I do not know who it belongs to.

icon

Best answer by Sophia 14 April 2024, 22:49

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you first sign up, you are assigned a random number. When you port in your own number, it will show as a number change. The bill should be prorated to reflect the change. See also https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/your-koodo-bill-after-youve-activated-a-new-account-or-added-a-new-line

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ikonn 

When you signed up with Koodo, a temporary phone number was assigned, which was replaced by your phone number once your ported it over to Koodo.

The breakdown of the charges for this temporary number (which was automatically canceled when you ported your phone number over) indicates a partial charge + the connection fee charge and partial refund.

For more info, please feel free to download the PDF bill in self serve https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills and let us know if you have further questions. 

Thanks, that explains why there is a 2nd number on the bill.  It also explains the first partial charge for that temporary number.

However, there is also another charge for a $60 connection fee and a partial waiver credit leaving $30 still payable.  This is the main reason for my confusion and what I need to get fixed.

Note that for my proper ported number, there was also a phone number change of $50, but with a full credit (not partial) which is what I expected.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ikonn When signing up with a door-to-door agent, over the phone, or in a store, a $60 connection fee applies, however there was a promotion active for the connection fee when you signed up, where 50% of it was refunded.

The connection fee is waived when you sign up online.