Koodo Community
Solved

Higher then expected bill

• 21 March 2024
  • 6 replies

I was charged nearly 50% higher then I was supposed to on one of previous bills. I checked on my account and charges and I'm not seeing any add-ons or other reasons as to why it was randomly changed. Now it's back to the normal amount but I would like to know why this is and if it can be corrected. 

Thanks 👍 

icon

Best answer by Boa_Guy Koodo 22 March 2024, 18:31

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you download your PDF EBill? You get all detailed information there.

Do you see any unfamiliar charges there?

Checked the ebill pdf. There are no odd charges, just a larger number posted on the mobile charge for the month with no reason given.

The month before was only half the amount but I assumed that was because of the credit I was given from previous sign on bonuses.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Checked the ebill pdf. There are no odd charges, just a larger number posted on the mobile charge for the month with no reason given.

The month before was only half the amount but I assumed that was because of the credit I was given from previous sign on bonuses.

Promotional Credit normally drops after a certain amount of months. Do you recall what type of credit did you have? You could also download the previous PDF bill (where you still had credit) and check the page 3 it.

If possible, can you post a snapshot of it here as well? Hide all personal information before posting please

Page 3! I didn't see that the first time checking through the pdf. I found the problem. Easy roam was charged. I was flying to Ontario and the flight went over the states and I had forgotten to put airplane mode on. 

I never used it and the time it shows on the pdf proves that. Could I have that refunded?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @TaylorW  We have verfied your account and could see that it was clearly accidental roaming so we were abel to aply a credit. 

Accidental Roaming does happen when near the border. We will recommend checking our help page in order to avoid similar fees: 

https://community.koodomobile.com/plans%2Dservices%2D232910/easy%2Droam%2Dunderstanding%2Dhow%2Dyou%2Dwill%2Dbe%2Dcharged%2Dwhile%2Dtraveling%2D7811296

A credit will be applied within 3-5 minutes and will update in the overview section of your Self Serve account.

Thank you very much 😊