Skip to main content
Question

Help Reversing a US Roaming Charge

I was charged for a US Roaming charge but didn't leave the country. How do I get the charge reversed?

This topic has been closed for comments

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

If a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network. 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you

Hey Dennis - any luck find me a rep to assist? Thanks!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me try again for you 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Some days can be more backed up than others. You do have 90 days to contest roaming charges, tho it shouldn’t take anywhere near that long. I’d follow up tomorrow if you still don’t get anyone.

Thanks Goran!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You actually have 30 days from the time you receive your bill to dispute anything in your bill that you disagree with according to the service terms. 

https://www.koodomobile.com/en/terms/service-terms

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

My mistake: it’s 30 days in general but 90 days if the charges show up in the following bill instead:

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @courtneym 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charge since it was triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo in the phone settings, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out this article provided by @Oliver C above

Thank you!