Koodo Community
Question

Help disable international roaming and voice

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Koodo Team,

I am outside Canada and can’t do callback.

I need your help to disable international calling  or anything on the number ending with 1591

My dad has been unknowingly using international calling and the account has probably racked up about $400 over 2 billing periods.

Would someone be able to help with some relief as this a very large amount. I understand it is out fault if we can get any partial help that would be highly appreciated.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If you want to disable roaming call, you could simply take the SIM out of the phone. Another way is to report the phone stolen or lost https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/reporting-your-lost-or-stolen-phone That would also suspend the line. However, you are still having to pay all the monthly fee during the suspension.

Regarding the roaming fee reduction, you can’t request here in the forum, you would have to contact Koodo directly. If you are overseas, you can contact them via Facebook/Twitter messaging to see which option is available. Links are below at the bottom of this forum page.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you say international calling, do you mean roaming or long distance calling?

If it is roaming, go into your self serve, you can go onto the add-ons page and you can also remove the International Voice Roaming and International Data Roaming add-ons to prevent roaming outside of Canada and the US.  There is no way to prevent roaming in the US by removing an add-on unfortunately.

If it is long distance calling while in Canada, you can remove the pay-per-use International long distance add-on

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Here is a helpful article :