Koodo Community
Solved

Got a surprise Service charge

• 2 April 2024
  • 4 replies

I was surprised to learning that I would be charged for changing a plan just because I did it in a store rather  that online and Now I’m wary of any other surprise charges. I had a call with a service person discussing the charge and also had them take me of any promotion notifications(phone email ect) I am not going to receive a surprise charge for that correct?

To be clear its not some much that charge itself that bothers me but that fact that it was unexpected I’d rather not be caught off guard again.

icon

Best answer by Dinh 2 April 2024, 05:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

There are several type of service charges. If it was a simple plan change, you can do it yourself in self-serve. If you asked a rep to do something that you can do in self-serve, they will likely charge you a fee.

As well, which plan are you on and which plan you would like to switch to?

I did not change plans in that call, I just asked about the charge I received and to be removed from the mailing list.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I did not change plans in that call, I just asked about the charge I received and to be removed from the mailing list.

No, there shouldn’t be any fee for asking to remove from mailing list. You could double-check by logging into your self-serve and check the billing area to see if anything showing up as of now.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@ConfusedUser If you log into to your onlne credentials here instead of the email address you used, we can look at your account and see what the charges were for.