Koodo Community
Question

Extra Roaming Charges

• 6 April 2024
  • 8 replies

I got $14.00 charged on my last bill for roaming which I did not use.

Kindly credit my account.

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you out of the country?

Yes, I was on March 30th, 2024 to USA. I did use the WIFI service on telephone # ***527 but we had Airplane mode on on phone # ***860.  I got charged $14.00 for roaming charge on the 2nd number.

Kindly credit my account with this extra charges.

Amir Maherali

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amirali Maherali 

We have reviewed the details and we can see that there was 1 minute call which triggered the roaming charge.

Please check the PDF bill page 9 for more details https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/viewing-and-downloading-your-bills

We recommend checking this article for more info about how to prevent unwanted roaming charges when traveling abroad

Thanks for your quick response.

The number dialed was a pocket dialed ***527 which is the 2nd number on the same account that was not answered.

I request that you consider waiving the $14.00 roaming charges plus the applicable taxes for the customer service under the circumstances.

In addition, for future, how can the roaming charges be avoided while travelling outside Canada?  If we use free WIFI at the shopping mall, will we get charged for the roaming? Please note that we are new customer to Koodo and trying to get used to your services.

Hoping for a favorable response on this issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Amirali Maherali 

Unfortunately, we are unable to remove the charge since the usage indicates the services were used.

If you wish to dispute this further, you can schedule a call back through the virtual assist, however, there is no guarantee a credit can be applied.

We recommend checking the article we shared above to find out more about how to prevent unwanted roaming charges. 

Thank you! 

Thanks for your disappointing response.

Yes, I would like to dispute this further through a call back at #****3527.

Amir Maherali

I had requested a call back 17 days ago and have  not heard from you.

Kindly call me as sson as possible to discuss the charges.

Amir Maherali.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @Amirali Maherali  

As much as we want to help, we cannot schedule callbacks through the community. As mentioned in our above note, you can schedule a call back through the virtual assist: www.Koodomobile.com/chat and our team will reach out as soon as possible, within the available hours. 

We appreciate your understanding.