Skip to main content
Question

Easy Roam charges while in Canada

• 17 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello - I was charged for 2 days of Easy Roam on my most recent bill (June 24 and 25) while visiting Vancouver Island, BC. I did not travel to the US. How can I have these charges removed from my bill?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

if a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network 🙂👍

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @joyelia 

We have reviewed the details and we have been able to remove the roaming charges since they were triggered due to accidental data roaming, feel free to check the details in your self serve account when you get the chance.

We recommend switching data roaming off and also switch to manual network and select Koodo in the phone settings, this would prevent the connection to a US tower when near the border.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out the article shared by Oliver above.