Koodo Community
Question

easy roam

Traveled to US April 7 -12. I received a message from Koodoo Sunday April 7 11:06 am. Welcome to USA. You have a Canada-US plan which allows you to use all the minutes, texts and data included in your current rate plan in the US for no extra fee. Calls to phone numbers outside of Canada and the US are not include.

I get home and have $84 extra on my bill. I recall being offered some extras when I signed up and this was my choice so?????

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Can you download your PDF bill to see the detail of the fee breakdown? Was the $84 roaming fee or something else. Check the page 3 and 4 of your PDF bill please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @bobber 

Can you please share a screenshot of the text you got?

Upon checking your plan details, it’s a Canada only plan. 

Welcome to USA! You have a Canada-US plan, which allows you to use all the minutes, text and data included in your current rate plan in the US for no extra fee. Calls to phone numbers outside of Canada and the US are not included. For help on using your phone while traveling, reply HELP to this message. Info: visit telus.com/travel or dial *611 (both free of charge).

Plus, your plan comes with an exclusive travel perk: TELUS Health MyCare Travel provides free 24/7 access via phone to U.S. Registered Nurses while in the states.
Learn more: bit.ly/3zeiqnp

There was more texts but I didn't bother trying to figure it out. Seemed pretty straightforward.

The fees were all 14$ when I called someone and were in minutes. The data and texts were all free.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

The fees were all 14$ when I called someone and were in minutes. The data and texts were all free.

The ER/VC in the call log was there to denote an event that triggered easyroam (not real calls).

As the rep mentioned above, you didn’t have a Canada - US roaming plan. Did you change your plan recently after you traveled to US?

The rep may have said I didn’t have easy roam.  The text I got from them when I crossed the border said I did. Otherwise I could have chosen a different option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @bobber   We have looked into your account. You always had the same Canada Wide 34$ 30GB plan since the day you subscribed with us on 12/11/2023, as mentioned on your Customer Service Agreement.  

Can you please share a pic/screen capture of the text you recevied. 

Hi Boa. I already put the screenshot of the text up. Read back a bit.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi Boa. I already put the screenshot of the text up. Read back a bit.

You just left a copy/paste of the text. Could you take a screenshot of the actual message on your phone and post the picture?

I suppose if I knew how to take a screenshot on my phone I could but I don’t and I’m not wasting any more time on this. The screen shot would be different from a paste how?

Well I have a smart wife....

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Thank you for the screenshots, @bobber 

We have sent you a message with more details, please check the inbox under your community profile when you get the chance.