Koodo Community

derogatory credit report

• 14 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi guys 

I am a Koodo customer , I went to port into virgin in May 2023 Koodo offered me a deal and I came back to koodo..koodo sent me an email saying that they will let me know the bill from old account … on my new account I have never missed payments …

to my surprise when I was checking my credit report , there was a derogatory remark which made me so much stressed , I did research and it says an open account with my old Koodo account number … I called Koodo yesterday ,, the guy over the phone told me that’s it’s there bad and they want to rectify … I waited an hour on call and the guy after putting me on hold said that they can’t do anything since it’s with collection agency I called collection agency and they say talk to Koodo …. 

now the thing is if there was something on my old Koodo account why was there no communication for the bill for 3 months ? Next , the guy from Koodo talked me yesterday and said they shouldn’t have made a new account since I was returning to Koodo ? 
my credit score went down so much and to my surprise I can’t even take a loan because of miscommunication by Koodo … I want Koodo to remove derogatory remark from my credit please this so unprofessional that’s it’s happening to me who pays bills on time 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

This is a unique case.  Let me flag a rep for you

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @Happyc13 

I’m sorry to hear that the situation is less than ideal. 

I checked the accounts and found that on the previous account, there were several past dues present, even before the cancelation. 

Your payment history with Koodo is reported to credit bureaus, so it’s important to pay your bill in full every month to avoid a negative impact to your credit score. Details here.

As for the notification, I was able to find, on the old account, that a notification for the final invoice was sent after the cancelation. The e-mail was the same e-mail as the one on your new account. 

I’ll include the picture bellow.

For security and privacy reasons, I masked sensitive details like account number, e-mail, name and even the amount.  You can verify the e-mails based on the date in the picture bellow. 

Picture with notification sent on previously cancelled account: 

Hi ,

the email in June didn’t show if that’s the new account I am holding now to my surprise if I have a new account I will or somebody else will think that’s it’s Koodo bill let’s pay it but when open the self serve it’s showing something different 

just to continue with Koodo , I wanna know how can I get derogatory mark removed as on new Koodo I have never missed a payment 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I can understand where you are coming from. The notification mentioned above has the due date and the account number noted and we have multiple payment options  mentioned here as well. Like bank application or bank teller payments. 

Here on the community, we have limited access in regards to credit reports. I would recommend reaching out to our Financial Team by scheduling a call-back via the Koodo Assist. Our agents will be able to take a look into the situation and can offer more details in regards to the options available.