Skip to main content

My bill has data charges on it but I have 20Gb of data. I shouldn’t have been charged for that data. I just signed on with Koodoo and it appears this happened at the telus store when I was switching to it. How can I get this corrected? Thanks. 

It’s possible that on the first bill, your data is prorated on the first partial bill cycle, and that you used greater than that amount during that time. I know it happens for rate plan changes, but I’m not 100% on the first bill. How many days was your first partial bill cycle as outlined in page 3 of your bill?

It appears to have charged me for the text that I had to send to answer YES when it asks if I want to switch to Koodoo. I DEFINITELY did not go over my data as I was just becoming a customer. I only used just over 1Gb of data in the partial cycle. I have 20 Gb so isn’t that. Thanks.

It charged you for a text? Is that what the page 3 detailed billing section in your bill shows?

Hi there @Cstauffer 

We verified the charge and found that it has occurred during the activation process.  Depending on the device’s settings, it seems that it had a chance to use a very low amount and it is the first data usage since the line activated.

It got a chance to trigger before the data included in your plan took effect. 

This is not something that normally happen and we already adjusted the fee. 

Thanks you for your help!