Koodo Community
Question

Credit Report Dispute

• 6 January 2023
  • 3 replies

In October my credit card was compromised around the time my automatic payment came out. My billing history even now shows payment received with no indication of reversal. I never got any type of notification that my payment was unsuccessful.

Then my November cycle comes around and I was charged for the missed payment and the new cycle. Okay, fair enough. But you had it hit my credit score. If I had been notified in any way that the payment didn’t go through I could have used another payment method to cover the charge, but if my online statement is showing that it is paid, I’m not going to double pay it. Please remove this from my credit report.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Unfortunately Koodo’s process of credit reporting is fully automatic, so you might need to dispute this with your credit card provider.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

In October my credit card was compromised around the time my automatic payment came out. My billing history even now shows payment received with no indication of reversal. I never got any type of notification that my payment was unsuccessful.

Then my November cycle comes around and I was charged for the missed payment and the new cycle. Okay, fair enough. But you had it hit my credit score. If I had been notified in any way that the payment didn’t go through I could have used another payment method to cover the charge, but if my online statement is showing that it is paid, I’m not going to double pay it. Please remove this from my credit report.

Did you reach out to both credit reporting agencies to let them know that you were a victim of fraud? You could place a fraud alert to prevent further incidents of identity theft. 

Equifax: https://www.equifax.com/personal/credit-report-services/credit-fraud-alerts

TransUnion: https://www.transunion.com/fraud-alerts

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I had this happen before. Had my card compromised and issued a new card. I thought I had all my preauthorized payments updated except I missed one. Unfortunately I had to suck it up, update my card and just wait for my credit to recover from that mistake.