Koodo Community
Question

Charged Roaming While Still In Canada

• 29 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I am in Niagara Falls, Canada, and have my roaming turned OFF. I just received a text saying I have Easy Roam and will be charged $14 for the day for being in the US, when I’m not… How do I dispute this?

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @dbhoover 

We don’t see any charges just yet. It might be that the message was informational only. We would recommend changing the settings from automatically searching available networks to manually select the Koodo network in order to stay connected while in Canada.

I will include a great help page that can share more details on how roaming works. 

That said, roaming charges do have a delay until they are reported and loaded in the system, if you see any charges, that are unfamiliar, on the next invoice, send us a message, either here or by sending a private message on Social Media and we will look into that for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I am in Niagara Falls, Canada, and have my roaming turned OFF. I just received a text saying I have Easy Roam and will be charged $14 for the day for being in the US, when I’m not… How do I dispute this?

To avoid this from happening, I would suggest you to manually select your network to Koodo, so your phone does not automatically connect to a nearby U.S. cellular tower.