Skip to main content
Question

Charged roaming between Victoria BC and Port Renfrew BC

• 25 July 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello, my June bill has EasyRoam charges on June 9th and June 12th for a return trip between Victoria BC and Port Renfrew BC, which I would ask that you please reverse as I never left the country obviously. I previously reported this and Darius asked that I wait until this bill was released, which it has been now.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep for you. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @LynnM 

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border.

I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges. We have a great help page here: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

We verified the days with the charge and confirmed accidental roaming. A credit was applied for the fees and will update within 3-5 minutes in the Self Serve account. 

Amazing! Thank you both so much--I appreciate this information and the rapid service.