Skip to main content
Question

Charged for roaming while in Canada

• 7 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I was charged roaming when I was in Long Point and/or Turkey Point in Ontario.  I got a message in Long Point indicating I was in the US and turned my phone onto flight mode.  I turned it back on when I got to Turkey Point, so I’m not sure where/when I was charged.

How can I request a refund?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @ccastillo 

We didn’t find any a charge on the last issued bill.

Please reply back here or start a new post once the bill is ready, so we can look into it further.

For more info about how to prevent accidental roaming charges, please check out this article https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

Hi,  I looked at my bill and I do see the charge.  I would like a refund please.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Login to self serve and download your detailed PDF Ebill.

What date was the Easy roam charge for?  How much was the easy roam charge?

Do you only have 1 line on your account and you are logged into the community with said account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @ccastillo 

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border.

I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges. We have a great help page here: https://community.koodomobile.com/plans-services-232910/easy-roam-understanding-how-you-will-be-charged-while-traveling-7811296

We verified the day with the charge and confirmed accidental roaming. A credit was applied for the fee and will update within 3-5 minutes in the Self Serve account. 

Thank you.  I’ve read the instructions and have taken precautions on my phone, though I don’t usually travel anywhere near the border.  Hopefully I can avoid this in the future.

Thank you for processing this request painlessly.  I appreciate it.