Koodo Community
Question

charged for easy roam for no reason

• 20 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I was charged for easy-roam when I did not even use my phone at all ! I was charged $100 I don’t understand I have never used my phone!!!

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Asma 

We have checked and we can see that usage the day the charges were incurred.

For more details about how roaming charges apply, please check this article and let us know if you have questions.

I did not use my phone at all! I don’t know what the charges are for it says I have used my phone and I got charged but I did not call , text or use my data ! 

I was just charged so much money for no reason ! It does not make sense because I did not use my phone I don’t understand it’s so frustrating!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Were you out of the country?

If so, when you take your phone with you and you leave your sim card in your phone, the phone automatically connects to the local networks of the country you are in.  If you do not take precautions, even if you dont actively use your phone, your phone can actively use services in the background (like data).

If you follow the instructions here, you can determine what triggered the roaming usage.

​​​

How can I get the charges removed because I did not use my phone and I can not pay this much amount ! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Based on the instructions I posted in the link above, how much text, talk, and data did koodo say you used over the length of your trip?

I’m not sure they charged me additional money for easy-roam and data and I did not even use any of that I want a refund now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Asma 

On our end, we do see the usage was made and data was charged pay per use. This happens when on cruise ships, airplanes, or other satellite locations (Easy Roam is not available in these situations). More details about how charges apply are available in the article shared above.

When you check the usage in self serve what do you see for the day the charges were incurred?