Koodo Community
Question

Charged for 5 minutes of use

• 13 January 2023
  • 5 replies

I recently spent a period on seasonal hold whilst out of the country. Upon returning I saw that plans were quite expensive so I moved to Fido. I had to receive a text message to my original number to authorize a change of network and keep my number, so I had to select a plan on Koodo. 

This plan was only active for four minutes as they informed me in the shop it would be waived and I wouldn't have to pay, however my bill is showing up for $61 for the month.

I was on the phone for 40 minutes today with several agents only to be hung up on which was infuriating, and I wish to have my bill for this month waived and my account closed as it was only active for several minutes.

Oisin 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If possible, can you post a snapshot of the page 3 and 4 of your pdf bill here? Hide/delete all personal information before posting pls.

There were many possibilities for the charges though

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When did you port your number out?

And what is your billing cycle?

It's because you needed to activate your account to receive a text, the system just generated charge as you resume your service. ( Partial charge and full month ahead). 

If this happened close to your bill date, then it's likely all adjustment weren't reflected on the bill.

Once porting was done, and your account was cancelled. I don't know how long it took, but hopefully next agent can give you proper amount to pay  or credit.

See attached image above @Dinh .

@Mayumi my billing cycle was created fresh when I selected a plan to receive a text message, january 7th to feb 6th and you can see in the image above that it says my available data expired on the 7th as it was cancelled immediately.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That was the bill generated BEFORE the cancellation. That was why you were charged the full month. You would have to wait for the next bill (final bill) to see the correct amount.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

And you will likely be charged 1 day for the plan