Koodo Community
Solved

Charged Extra Last Bill

• 5 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hello, on my last bill I have been charged  $20 extra for roaming when I have not left the country.  Thank you for your help.

icon

Best answer by Darius Koodo 5 April 2024, 20:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Which days were you charged roaming for?

Were you by the US border?

Feb 22 and March 1st on my bill ending March 7th.

On my current bill I have a charge on March 24.

I live on the border.  This happens every month even though I have roaming turned off.  I get charges for data and messaging.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Feb 22 and March 1st on my bill ending March 7th.

On my current bill I have a charge on March 24.

I live on the border.  This happens every month even though I have roaming turned off.  I get charges for data and messaging.  

Can you provide a screenshot of your bill? Make sure to remove any personal details, as this is a public forum.

To avoid this from happening again, you can manually select your network to Koodo to prevent your phone from automatically connecting to a nearby U.S. cellular tower. You will need to do this every time you restart your phone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @ELFdaddy 

We verified the dates and confirmed that, for a brief moment, you device connected to a US tower while you were in Canada. We have already adjusted the charges and they will appear within 3-5 minutes in the overview section of the Self Serve account. 

In order to avoid a similar situation, we would share a great help page with more details here.