Skip to main content
Solved

Charged $28 for Roaming in Victoria BC

• 18 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I recently travelled to Victoria BC from Vancouver and received $28 in erroneous roaming charges. 

Requesting that the Easy Roam amount is removed from my current bill. 

Image attached below. Thank you! 

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

if a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network 🙂👍

Hi there,

if a mobile master sees your post, they can flag a rep who would look into the charge and they will respond here. To prevent this from possibly happening in the future, check out the tips in this article, especially under turning off roaming and manually setting Koodo for your network 🙂👍

Thank you! I’ve actioned this as per the article; that’s helpful. 

Still requesting a refund for the amount 😀 

All the best! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I have flagged a rep to help you out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hello @JJ87 

Sometimes the device is going to catch the network on the other side.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

You can change that in the settings of the device and set it to Manual selection, after it's done searching, you select Koodo and it stays connected to Koodo, even near the border.

I would also advise to keep Data Roaming off while in Canada. This will avoid any accidental charges. @Oliver C included a great help page with details.

We verified the days with the charge and confirmed accidental roaming. A credit was applied for the fees and will update within 3-5 minutes in the Self Serve account.