Koodo Community
Question

Charge easy roam in canada

• 24 April 2024
  • 4 replies

My partner was charged for easy roam when we never left the country. 

We live near the boarder and it must have triggered.

Can this be reversed?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Sure it can be. Let me flag a rep to assist. For future reference, if you check the following link, it’ll explain how to avoid getting charged again:

Sure it can be. Let me flag a rep to assist. For future reference, if you check the following link, it’ll explain how to avoid getting charged again:

I don’t think we should be auto charged when we never leave the country, regardless of being near the border. I don’t want to turn off my roaming while I’m in my own country.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Sburris 

We understand that this  is not pleasant to see roaming charges on the bill when you don’t cross the border.

When living or traveling close to the border, there are chances that the device connects to a US tower.

It's a world-wide situation, since the device settings are set to automatically search for the strongest signal.

Changing the network to Manual selection, and selecting, will prevent the phone from connecting to a different carrier.

We have reviewed the details and there is accidental data roaming that triggered the roaming fee., therefore we have been able to adjust your bill, feel free to check the details in SS when you get the chance. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

It’s not about turning off your roaming, but putting your phone into manual network selection mode. You can keep easyroam or PPU roaming active on your account. It’s just when you go cross the border, you then choose the network to connect to.