Koodo Community
Question

Can't Pay Final Bill After Leaving Canada

• 18 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi, I was recently on exchange to Canada where I created an account with Koodo. I never had a Canadian credit card and so was unable to pay via Selfserve meaning that each time I would have to schedule a Callback and pay using my Dutch debit card. During my last call I spoke to the rep on the phone to pay my last bill and cancel my plan, I explicitly asked if there were any more bills to be payed before I left the following month and was told that I would have no more bills. I did this as I knew once I left Canada I would no longer be able to schedule Callbacks as they don't call internationally. 

In January I received another bill for CAD 52.93. I therefore need to pay from abroad but now cannot. I tried messaging Koodo on Facebook Messenger and X DMs and they escalated my case to a rep called Oak. Who called me, he said to transfer the money through a Western Union affiliated bank through Moneymart. However when I Googled to find a bank to do this there are none in the Netherlands. He also said that the non-Canadian credit card could be authorised through the online chat which I can't seem to do. 

I am now extremely annoyed having been told that I would not be billed again and then having to jump through all these hoops for such a small sum. 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Patrick Robert ODonnell 

We are sorry for the inconvenience created by this situation.

Have you attempted a payment in self serve with an international credit card? 

Yes, multiple times.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@Patrick Robert ODonnell 

We have sent you a PM so we can try and further assist, please check it out when you get the chance, thanks!