Koodo Community
Question

Can't contact support to cancel account

• 31 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Desperately looking for help because at this point, I genuinely don’t know how to contact these damned people.

Moved to Japan almost a year ago. Spoke to a Koodo rep IN PERSON about cancelling my account before I left the country. Gave them the info, informed them that March 2023 would be the last month I would be using my phone and would like to cancel my plan.

Lo and behold, they continue billing me, even though the Koodo sim card was flat out DESTROYED when I got my new card and switched to my JP cell carrier.

Apparently, they can only be contacted via social media (which I tried, Twitter wouldn’t let me DM them, and my facebook account that’s tied to my email is so old that I don’t remember any of the password and can’t log on anymore).

I’ve forgotten about this for so long that they’re now threatening a collections agency to attempt to ruin my credit score because they’re insisting that I owe them close to 200 bucks for a service that SHOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED A YEAR AGO.

Only problem is? I have no clue how to schedule a callback because their “automatic assistant” doesn’t have options for ANY of my problems.

I flat out refuse to pay the amount owed, because I told them I wanted to cancel my plan. They can clearly see that the number hasn’t been in use, and nothing HAS been used since the bill was paid last March. But I can’t call customer support because by the time I get home, thanks to timezones, they’re not available. Hell, I don’t even know if I can set up a callback because I’m assuming they’d be calling my Koodo number - which doesn’t work because the sim card is gone. They legit have no way to contact me, because every piece of info they have is outdated.

So what do I even do? Is there  a mod or something who can forward me to someone? If I could contact someone via email this would have been done in a heartbeat, but the only times I have to talk to people on EST/PST times is during my TIME OFF on my weekend.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

When you asked a rep to cancel, did you receive an email from Koodo about the cancellation? As well, have you paid the final bill yet ?

as of now, your account was likely at the collection agency. 
if you are overseas, I recommend you contact via Facebook messaging. Links are below at the bottom of this forum webpage. You don’t have to use your old Facebook account. You could create a new Facebook account or ask someone who had Facebook account to help. 

When you asked a rep to cancel, did you receive an email from Koodo about the cancellation? As well, have you paid the final bill yet ?

as of now, your account was likely at the collection agency. 
if you are overseas, I recommend you contact via Facebook messaging. Links are below at the bottom of this forum webpage. You don’t have to use your old Facebook account. You could create a new Facebook account or ask someone who had Facebook account to help. 

Surely you’re joking.

No, I did not receive an email about my cancellation. I’m absolutely not paying the supposed “amount owed”, because some teenager at a kiosk got lazy and apparently gave me the run around which I didn’t realize until AFTER I left the country. I paid my final bill, which they can clearly see that the phone was used in Japan and then  never used again. Worth noting I tried to get help here before the “bill” racked up to this much, and also got told “use social media to contact them” which I tried.

Are you seriously unable to put me through to a rep or something? Do I actually have no other options beyond SOCIAL MEDIA to contact someone? Surely there’s a customer service line I can call.

Also I can’t make a new facebook account, as I said previously that my old one is tied to my current email. I don’t have another email to use for facebook.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You can not cancel at a Kiosk. 

With Koodo they can call you back at a Canadian number.  This was previously suggested to you with the recommendation to use Fongo to get a VOIP canadian number.

You also mentioned that you are locked out of your facebook because you forgot your password and the facebook account is tied to your old email which you can no longer access.  This should mean you can create a new facebook account with your primary email.

Or you can just create a new email and set up a new facebook account.

These are the same 2 options presented to you 8 months ago.