Koodo Community
Question

Black Friday plan increase

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

So I'm a new customer who primarily came to Koodo because of the low-cost plan offered on Black Friday 2023. $34/50GB but on my April bill it has increased to $39/50GB while my friends who have the same plan have not had any increases and joined at the same time I did. I ported my number from Fido and my plan is BYOD/BYOP. Do new customers not get any protection from price increases? I was even offered the same $34/50GB by Koodo Assist before signing in today.. what's the deal? I also never got the email regarding any price changes, I only saw it as a footnote at the bottom of my previous month's bill.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

New customers do not legally get protection from price increases.  According to the Wireless Code of Conduct, only customers who are on contract or on a tab are protected from price increases.  Any other customer is considered month to month and all that is needed is 1 month notice to inform them of any plan price increases.

But for a new customer, I think this is very crummy of Koodo to do.  I would hope they would have honoured the price for at least 24 months

This increase doesn't effect me personally, but because of this underhanded sneaky move, I will never recommend Koodo to anyone - in fact I will warn them against Koodo. 

Really not a good look Koodo.