Skip to main content
Question

Airtime charges despite having unlimited Canada-wide minutes

• 20 July 2024
  • 7 replies

For some context, I changed the plan of one of the phones on my account last month. The old plan was a 250 min plan and the new plan has unlimited minutes. On my current bill, that phone line was charged extra for going over in minutes even though the bill shows the total local airtime minutes used as 93 minutes. Is this one of the plan change bugs that others on this forum have experienced or did I just miss something? 

Thanks

This topic has been closed for comments

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there,

so maybe. When you look at the charges on your PDF bill are the dates for the charges prior to you changing the plan? If so they’re valid. If it’s after you changed the plan then you’re correct it might be just a proration bug that others have experienced on here. If that’s the case a mobile master can flag a rep and they can look into the charge.

the transaction history says the date of the change was June 22 but the charges all fall within the effective and expires dates so I’m not sure. Even if its not the bug, I’m still confused since the plan was 250 minutes and the line was nowhere near that before the charges started.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hm weird, yeah in that case I would wait for a mobile master to flag a rep as they can look at the specifics that you can’t. It’s a bit hard to say tbh 😅

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

So when you change a plan with limited minutes on it, the minutes get prorated.
https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/proration

So lets say you changed your plan exactly half way through your billing cycle, you would be left with 125min to be used in the first half.

What day does your billing cycle start? And what day did you switch to the unlimited minutes plan?
Then we can math it out to see if it makes sense.

What day does your billing cycle start? And what day did you switch to the unlimited minutes plan?
Then we can math it out to see if it makes sense.

billing cycle starts on the 17th and from the transaction history, the plan change was on the 22nd

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

billing cycle starts on the 17th and from the transaction history, the plan change was on the 22nd

You certainly went over. Based on the calculations, you would have been able to use 50 minutes from the 17th to 22nd.

All the calculations with for the charges is working out. Thanks everyone for helping clear that up.