Koodo Community
Question

Activation fee Charged when it was told there will be no charge.

• 12 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Kindly assist

Although the representative told me that there should be no charge, I received the bill with an Activation charge on it. How to resolve the problem.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi there @A_ndy 

From what can be seen on the account, the offer was for a  Partial Connection Fee Waive. The 50% discount on the connection fee was already applied on the February invoice.  

If you want to further discuss this, feel free to schedule a call-back through our Koodo Assist. 

Thank you for the reply. I do have the saved message reply from the Koodo/Telus representative that there should be no connection charge on the bill.

I would not have moved ahead if it was 50%.

I do not understand why things are complicated for the consumer, first, they charge a connection fee and then they waive it.   

I have been unable to use my Redmi 5 phone after I inserted the Sim card which was sent to me earlier.

An error message always keep popping up and preventing me from using the phone since the Sim card

was installed.  I had just paid the first statement ($100.80) which included the activation charge which I

was not aware of.  The agent told me  to install the Sim card  when I receive from the mail  and the phone will be working. That is not happening, I have just put the plan on hold as I will be away overseas.

PS  I had reported this online chat on several occasions for call back but still no progress.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @hchung2688 

What is the error you were getting when you inserted the sim (before switching to seasonal hold)?