Koodo Community
Question

Activation and Invoice question

• 19 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Signed up for Koodoo Saturday March 9. They advise me on the 12th the SIM card is being sent via regular mail. Day or 2 later I get an invoice for my new Koodoo from March 12th…. um. I’ve not received my SIM card yet. In fact, I received it today, March 19th so I’m wondering why I should be paying for an extra week. (I’m in rural NS and, quite frankly, Canada Post regular mail is not that great all the time). I think I should be getting a credit for this time tbh. TIA.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Once the order ships, the sim is activated and charged from that day. There is a check box for then when you signed up

Thank you. Clear as day. Completely unfair and crappy way to start a relationship but hey, have to admire their commitment.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m not a fan of this policy either.  It very much tries to nickel and dime people who signup

Credit where it’s due. Koodoo saw this and contacted me and waived the early start to the contract indicating since I was rural they would make an exception.  Most appreciated. In retrospect I wonder why they simply don’t charge upon activation. I would think that would be pretty straightforward however they’d likely lose some revenue.