Koodo Community
Solved

I have no service

• 5 February 2022
  • 11 replies

For the past couple months when I’m at home, I seem to only get one bar of service or no service at all when I should be getting 4g advanced according to the coverage map. I’ve been trying to get a callback from a rep for the past couple days and it just hangs up on me everytime. I’ve contacted them on facebook and followed all the steps they suggested and nothing is working. I just want to be able to use the phone I pay for every month.

icon

Best answer by Mayumi 5 February 2022, 22:49

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What did they suggest to try? Were you with Koodo and the signal was good and then it degraded? Is there anyone else in your area with the same reception issues?

I have restarted my phone, reset the network settings and removed my sim card. Since I’ve been here it hasn’t been the best but recently I barely ever get 1 bar. I’m new to the area so I’m not sure if anyone else is having issues 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Click the add to cart button on that link

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

You could ask your neighbours, @madisonlj - anyone on Bell, Telus, and their subsidiaries should have the same reception. I hope you didn’t move into an area with bad reception :(

It also depends on obstacles in the home, if there is a lot of concrete or metal objects, that might hamper reception as well.

You could ask your neighbours, @madisonlj - anyone on Bell, Telus, and their subsidiaries should have the same reception. I hope you didn’t move into an area with bad reception :(

It also depends on obstacles in the home, if there is a lot of concrete or metal objects, that might hamper reception as well.

My boyfriend is with bell and he gets 4 bars. It doesn’t matter where I am in the house, it doesn’t even work outside or just down the road from where I live. I have to drive 15 minutes to the nearest town for work and I still only get 2 bars for the most part.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

What phone are you using and which plan are you on? have you tried to put your Koodo SIM into your boyfriend phone and see if you receive similar signal coverage?

What phone are you using and which plan are you on? have you tried to put your Koodo SIM into your boyfriend phone and see if you receive similar signal coverage?

I’m using an iPhone 8+ and this is the plan that I have. I can try that and see what happens but I don’t have much hope at this point 

I just tried that and the coverage didn’t change. I was on hold for 20 minutes and the call dropped as soon as someone answered. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I just tried that and the coverage didn’t change. I was on hold for 20 minutes and the call dropped as soon as someone answered. 

Then the issue was from the signal coverage. I assumed it was indoor signal? was it better if you went outdoor? if you got wifi at home, I suggest you try wifi calling and see if call quality improves https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Then the issue was from the signal coverage. I assumed it was indoor signal? was it better if you went outdoor? if you got wifi at home, I suggest you try wifi calling and see if call quality improves https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wifi-calling

Going outside hasn’t helped, I still only get max one bar out there. I do have wifi at home and I have wifi calling enabled but it doesn’t seem to work when I have 1 bar. It’ll work when it says no service but as soon as I get a bar it’ll shut off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Are you able to go to nearby Koodo store? They should have a test SIM.  

If your boyfriend's SIM works fine in your phone, them your SIM might be damaged.

If this test SIM works fine, then you can try  replace your SIM card...?