Koodo Community
Solved

Up Front Taxes?

• 6 March 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m looking at buying a new phone and switching to Koodo. Do they charge tax on the full retail cost of the device up front?

Another carrier I was browsing advertised $243 due today but then the total cost jumped to over $400. I’m no math wiz but I know 13% tax on $243 isn’t over $400. When I hovered over the legal stuff, it mentioned they charge tax on the full retail cost.

I’m just wondering if Koodo does the same or if their up front number is their advertised number, plus tax?

Cheers.

icon

Best answer by MilkyWay 7 March 2023, 00:08

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’m looking at buying a new phone and switching to Koodo. Do they charge tax on the full retail cost of the device up front?

Another carrier I was browsing advertised $243 due today but then the total cost jumped to over $400. I’m no math wiz but I know 13% tax on $243 isn’t over $400. When I hovered over the legal stuff, it mentioned they charge tax on the full retail cost.

I’m just wondering if Koodo does the same or if their up front number is their advertised number, plus tax?

Cheers.

From what I know, they do not calculate the tax based on the retail cost of the device. You will be charged according to the amount that you need to pay upfront.